The family of a student who died in 2019 after he choked on a thin rubber glove has reached a $2.5 million agreement with the Anne Arundel County Board of Education. The settlement marks the end of a wrongful death lawsuit filed by the family of Bowen Levy in January 2021. The family argued the school system knew Bowen was autistic and had pica, a disorder causing a propensity to chew or eat nonfood items, but it failed to keep nonedible items out of his reach and properly staff his classroom.
Anne Arundel schools reaches $2.5 million settlement in student choking death
May 6, 2022