Wednesday, May 22, 2024 | Baltimore, MD
FOLLOW US:

Anne Arundel schools reaches $2.5 million settlement in student choking death

May 6, 2022

The family of a student who died in 2019 after he choked on a thin rubber glove has reached a $2.5 million agreement with the Anne Arundel County Board of Education. The settlement marks the end of a wrongful death lawsuit filed by the family of Bowen Levy in January 2021. The family argued the school system knew Bowen was autistic and had pica, a disorder causing a propensity to chew or eat nonfood items, but it failed to keep nonedible items out of his reach and properly staff his classroom.

Article Source: Washington Post

The Morning Rundown

We’re staying up to the minute on the issues shaping the future. Join us on the newsletter of choice for Maryland politicos and business leaders. It’s always free to join and never a hassle to leave. See you on the inside.