Monday, April 22, 2024 | Baltimore, MD
FOLLOW US:

County adopts budget, thanks retiring clerk

May 26, 2023

The Allegany County Board of Commissioners at Thursday’s meeting adopted the $152,465,411 Operating and Capital Budget for fiscal 2024. The budget does not increase property taxes for residents. County employees will receive a 2% cost-of-living increase. The financial plan also gives 25% of paper gaming revenue to fire and rescue companies, and the remaining 75% to capital education project funding.

Article Source: Cumberland Times-News

The Morning Rundown

We’re staying up to the minute on the issues shaping the future. Join us on the newsletter of choice for Maryland politicos and business leaders. It’s always free to join and never a hassle to leave. See you on the inside.