Friday, February 23, 2024 |
FOLLOW US:

Michelle Deal-Zimmerman: On juvenile justice in Baltimore, believe the numbers or believe your eyes?

November 29, 2023

Nate Balis wants you to know that kids make up just 4% of all arrests in Baltimore City. Four percent. The other 96% are committed by adults. So if you’re watching TV every day at 6 and 11 and have become convinced that Baltimore teens are the reason the city is on an unsafe if not outright deadly path, you might want to change the channel. Why? Because the numbers tell a different story, says Balis, director of the Juvenile Justice Strategy Group at the Annie E. Casey Foundation.

Article Source: Baltimore Sun

The Morning Rundown

We’re staying up to the minute on the issues shaping the future. Join us on the newsletter of choice for Maryland politicos and business leaders. It’s always free to join and never a hassle to leave. See you on the inside.